- n a licensed medical practitioner
I felt so bad I went to see my doctor
- n (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching
- n children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office
the children explored each other's bodies by playing the game of doctor
- n a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution
she is a doctor of philosophy in physics
- v alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive
- v give medical treatment to
- v restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
- Why do men and women become doctors? Out of love for their fellow humans? For the fascination of medical science? To turn a respectable fast buck? Most doctors are hard put to .
- For 18 months, a German doctor had access to a North Korea few outsiders see.
- If there's one place where it's a good idea to come clean, it's the doctor's office.
News & Articles
- Jury: Doctor was not at fault for man’s 8-month erection
WILMINGTON, Delaware (Reuters) - A jury on Monday cleared a doctor of negligence in a lawsuit filed by a Delaware truck driver who underwent a penile implant procedure and ended up with an erection that lasted eight months. "We're stunned," attorney M...
June 23, 2013 - MedCity News
- Doctor accused in kickback scheme indicted in separate scheme
A doctor accused in an elaborate kickback scheme involving unnecessary surgeries at a Chicago hospital has been indicted on separate charges that he sent patients from his Little Village clinic to surgery centers in northwest Indiana and fraudulently billed their insurance for procedures that were never performed.
June 22, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Doctor arrested for sexual abuse
A family doctor in Cicero has been arrested for alleged sexual abuse.
June 21, 2013 - YNN Syracuse
- Diego Lugano in The Online Heralds (blog)
I have to be honest with the team and if I'm not able to play there are other players who can come in and do a good job,he said. "I'm doing everything I can to be fit and then the coaching staff and doctor will make a decision about...
- Jerry Brown in TVNZ
There is ample evidence that Doctor Eroshevich and Doctor Kapoor violated their ethical obligations as physicians, while Mr. Stern funneled highly addictive drugs to Ms. Smith,Brown said.
- Nicola Roxon in FOXNews
Roxon said the case must go through proper channels _ an appeal to the Migration Review Tribunal and then the immigration minister _ but that "there is a valid reason for this doctor and his family to be eligible to stay here in Australia."