- n an establishment on the waterfront where vessels are built or fitted out or repaired
- Artist Doughty's bird-making was interrupted when, after the fall of France, she took a job in the Royal Naval dockyard at Chatham, Kent.
- Four Chinese dockyard workmen assaulted a coolie as a conclusion to interchange of insults such as "A plague upon your grandmother.
- WORK IN PROGRESS: A gondola under construction at Squero Roberto Tramontin's dockyard.
News & Articles
- Dockyard Derby Dames Season 7 CHAMPIONSHIPS
Alright Dockyard fans, this is the event that you've all been waiting for! Prepare yourself for an epic battle of will and skill, might and fight. Who will be your season 7 champions? Starting the night off will be the grudge match as we pit the ladies in pink, the Hellbound Homewreckers, against the lean mean green machine, Femme Fianna. Our main event features a rematch of last season's ...
June 10, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Helen Clark in Reuters
It's an area that's very difficult to access. If there are problems it's difficult to render assistance,Clark said. "You don't quickly mount a voyage from the naval dockyard in Auckland to the far south of the Ross Sea. This is very, very...
- Ian Garnett in BBC News
Admiral Sir Ian Garnett, chairman of the trustees, said: "Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust has achieved much in the 25 years since being given stewardship of the former Royal Dockyard at Chatham and has benefitted greatly from the support of DCMS...
- Linda Gilroy in Western Morning News
Speaking during a defence debate in Parliament, Mrs Gilroy said: "I suspect that in the coming weeks redundancies at Devonport Royal Dockyard will be announced. When they come they will, of course, be a source of deep regret and play into the...