docile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a willing to be taught or led or supervised or directed
the docile masses of an enslaved nation
- s ready and willing to be taught
docile pupils eager for instruction
- s easily handled or managed
a gentle old horse, docile and obedient
- She may come off as a docile person but God help the person who meddles with her.
- The classic conditions for a successful revolution were almost wholly absent: the great mass of have-nots had been humbled into docile collusion, the geographic expanse of the .
- So invisible were the docile, dependable men in gray until last week that no one noticed that their passions were about to explode into a historic and ominous strike.
News & Articles
- Adoptable animals
Doodlebug is a happy and sweet-natured 2 year old Chihuahua mix. He is very docile and will roll right on to his back for belly rubs. He is also a major lap dog, climbing right up to snuggle. Take this six-pound bundle of joy home today.
June 14, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- MH woman seeks owners of two pit bulls that allegedly attacked family pet in Paradise Park
The owner of a “docile” Dalmatian border collie mix is looking for the owners of what appeared to be two pit bull mixes that allegedly attacked her dog in the middle of a public park in Morgan Hill Mo
June 11, 2013 - Morgan Hill Times
- Bryant Gumbel in San Francisco Chronicle
Before he cleans out his office,Gumbel said. "Have Paul Tagliabue show you where he keeps Gene Upshaw's leash. By making the docile head of the players union his personal pet, your predecessor has kept the peace without giving players the...
- Manisha Koirala in Times of India
Talking about her character in the film, Manisha said: "It's not a double role but shows two characters within a single person. One side of the character is very submissive and docile and innocent. The other side of her is very strong. She is...
- Canaan Banana in Vancouver Sun
It wasn't a conscious decision to be bold or anything. It all depends on how different artists envision me. If Soorajji (Barjatya) could see me as this simple, docile small town girl in Vivah, then another person saw me the way I am on the magazine... Amrita Rao http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amrita_Rao&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFILlPoOPqk565WCKT3A1d7-CVgxg Sify http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php%3Fid%3D14761763&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHVWgzTmZJUU_NU9vymrOzQoR6OYQ Sep 18, 2008
29385 38040 docility And forgive us our docility," wrote Banana, the ceremonial head of state.