divorcee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a divorced woman or a woman who is separated from her husband
- Though Gertrude Baniszewski, a divorcee, pleaded insanity, three court-appointed psychiatrists pronounced her sane.
- Clare Brokaw -- journalist and playwright, future Congresswoman and ambassador -- at 31 was Manhattan's paradigmatic gay divorcee, renowned as much for her merciless wit as for her .
- The new divorcee gets her elaborate Spanish decree with its impressive ribbons and seals.
- Jane Leeves in Kansas City Star
All of these characters are at crossroads in their lives. An actress aging who can't get work. A divorcee. I didn't want this to be a show about how the women look but where they're going next in their lives. And that's what it does,Leeves says.
- Alicia Drake in Delhi Newsline
His biographer Alicia Drake says that the Saint Laurent woman no longer was the personification of urban beauty, but had "grown up into a 45-year-old divorcee whose vice no longer manifested itself in afternoon sexual dalliances but in how much...
- Michelle Bachelet in Brooks Bulletin
I was a woman, a divorcee, a socialist, an agnostic . . . all possible sins together,said Bachelet, who married a fellow Chilean exile while in East Germany.