divest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v take away possessions from someone
- v deprive of status or authority
he was divested of his rights and his title
- v reduce or dispose of; cease to hold (an investment)
The company decided to divest
the board of trustees divested $20 million in real estate property
- v remove (someone's or one's own) clothes
She divested herself of her outdoor clothes
- Divestment totals creep upAll spring on campus, if the fuss was familiar, so was the issue: divestment.
- Third, it would give private fund managers who divest protection from lawsuits, while urging the government's own 401(k) fund to create "terror-free" and "genocide-free" investment .
- Also urges governments, corporations to divest from Iran.
News & Articles
- CML HealthCare Inc. Announces First Series of Diagnostic Imaging Clinic and License Divestments With Gross Proceeds ...
CML HealthCare Inc. , a leading Canadian community-based provider of medical diagnostic testing services, is pleased to announce the first of a series of transactions to divest its diagnostic imaging operations, ...
June 14, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Students to Regents: UW should rid itself of oil, coal stocks
A crowd of University of Washington students, many wearing trademark purple-and-gold shirts, on Thursday urged UW regents to divest the university’s investment portfolio of all stocks in Big Oil, Big Coal, and all companies comprising the backbone of the fossil-fuel economy. Unusual for Seattle, it was a protest lacking in jargon and detailed in argument. “We believe investment in oil companies ...
June 13, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Chevron to Offload Nigerian Assets
Chevron Nigeria Limited is planning to divest its ownership in two shallow water oil blocks, off the country's shore.
June 12, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Peter Voser in Financial Times
The opportunity now is to consolidate our tight gas portfolio, divest from non-core positions across North America, and to invest for profitable growth, by deploying Shell's technology and capabilities on a large scale,said Peter Voser, Shell...
- Bill Richardson in Washington Post
Because I was getting questions, I just felt it was best to divest myself,Richardson said.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Forbes
California has a long history of leadership and doing what's right with our investment portfolio,Schwarzenegger said. "Last year, I was proud to sign legislation to divest from the Sudan to take a powerful stand against genocide. I look...