dive-bombing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bombing run in which the bomber releases the bomb while flying straight toward the target
- v bomb from a diving airplane
- But that was before last week, before they saw the crematoriums in New York City and Washington and started to wonder if the next dive-bombing airliner could be aimed at them.
- Thirteen of his Stukas, dive-bombing the British guns, were crumpled by fighters from South Africa, and the guns kept firing.
- The techniques of dive-bombing and torpedo bombing were still relatively new, and aerial torpedoes were almost impossible to use in water as shallow as Pearl Harbor.
- Jimmie Johnson in The Virginian-Pilot
I just wanted to make sure it wasn't intentional,Johnson said. "Racing for 15th and dive-bombing someone around the outside of turn 1 up into (turn) 2 isn't the smartest thing in my opinion. He thought it was a great idea."
- Mark Cavendish in Modesto Bee
The circuit itself isn't dangerous,Cavendish said. "It's the mayhem that goes on that's dangerous. There were a lot of people : dive-bombing across the corners. There were some people who were taking a risk. Maybe in my former years I did...