- n the act of expanding by pressure from within
- n the state of being stretched beyond normal dimensions
- The first step in that appetite-taming process occurs in the stomach and upper intestine, where nerves that sense stretching and distension eventually alert the brain that we're .
- The key to volumetrics, Rolls explains, is to consume foods that are high in volume but not in calories in order to stimulate the digestive system's distension nerves.
- Nearly all the symptoms (acidity, distension, belching, nausea, vomiting) might be alike, but there was one consistent difference: the men had pain from the beginning of their .
News & Articles
- SIBO: A Four-Letter Word for Bloating
When gut bacteria do manage to take hold and form larger-than-normal colonies in the small intestines, it results in Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, often referred to as SIBO, or just plain "overgrowth." SIBO is associated with all manners of digestive misery -- including abdominal bloating and distension, discomfort/tightness soon after eating, excess belching, excess flatulence, nausea ...
March 25, 2014 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- David Nalbandian in The Australian
I was warming up this morning with Safin and I felt a pain in my back,Nalbandian said. "I saw the doctor after and he told me it was a distension a little bit in the muscle so I need rest for three or four days and see how it goes."