- n refusal to acknowledge as one's own
- v prevent deliberately (as by making a will) from inheriting
- v cast off
- Yet the state visit continued and official relations remained unruffled because London followed the code by calmly disowning the dead frogman.
- General MacArthur, incidentally disowning any political ambitions (see p.
- While the Non-Aggression Pact with Germany was in force Russia had nimbly followed the Nazis' lead, as one country after another fell prey to Hitler, disowning their exiled .
News & Articles
- Rand Paul says Alison Lundergan Grimes should 'disown the president'
GEORGETOWN — U.S. Sen. Rand Paul suggested Wednesday that Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes should consider disowning President Barack Obama if she hopes to run a competitive race against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
July 3, 2013 - Lexington Herald-Leader
- Irish bishop disowns priest who supported sex offender
Outrage over a priest's defense of a convicted sex offender has resulted in Bishop William Murphy of Kerry disowning the priests' behavior. Up to fifty people had queued up to shake the hands of sex offender Danny Foley before he was sent to jail for 7 years earlier this week.
June 28, 2013 - Irish Central
- Tony Blair in guardian.co.uk
Blair calls this effort as a "fatal mistake ...... because we were disowning ourselves as a government, we junked the TB policy agenda but had nothing to put in its place."
- Pervez Musharraf in Times of India
It's not as though I'm disowning my efforts to do glamorous roles. I'm proud of 'Heyy Babyy' and 'Kismat Konnection'. But this year I'm doing films that don't need me to stretch my personality. I'm very happy doing roles that come naturally to me.... Vidya Balan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidya_Balan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEJWE8JaZyGK3N_1rdPa1QZoQTedg Hindu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200902270951.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHgJRhRuuJQtG4P-5xn-Hidt-9diA Feb 26, 2009
28676 37490 disowning The one clarification that I will make is that I committed this mistake on the strong advice of the political leadership at that time who are now blatantly disowning connections with it. My interest was only national, with absolutely no personal...