dismissive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s showing indifference or disregard
a dismissive shrug
the firm is dismissive of the competitor's product
'chronic fatigue syndrome' was known by the dismissive term 'housewife syndrome'
- s stopping to associate with
they took dismissive action after the third violation
- Sometimes I go with "Oh, that's not my husband--that's my twin brother," and other times a dismissive "Yeah, but back in Australia I'm considered a great beauty.
- It was typical Jobs: quick, dismissive and at least half wrong.
- Nor does he get much help from critics, whose reactions to his work range mostly from dismissive to baffled.
News & Articles
- Researchers Find Gamers have Better Visual Capabilities
Some people can be dismissive of video games, claiming that they have no redeeming value, such as improving a player's decision making skills. Researchers that study gaming's effect on people though are coming to different conclusions. Those at Duke University, after searching for college students that do not play video games, found that gamers have superior visual sensitivity. When playing a ...
June 13, 2013 - Overclockers Club
- Seitz: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Is the Best Comic Performer of the Year
Selina Meyer, the vice-president of the United States, is brusque, myopic, dismissive, self-centered, easily distracted, and quickly offended, and to a degree that often causes her to miss the policy forest because she's fixated on the political trees. She is, by all accounts, an unlikable character. But the way Julia Louis-Dreyfus ... More »
June 13, 2013 - Vulture
- Arts Roundup: Things That Don’t Exist In Washington Edition
A juicy nugget from Chris Richards ' story about Hard Art : When Bob Woodward saw Lucian Perkins ' photos of D.C. punk, he seemed dismissive, saying, "This doesn't exist in Washington."
June 11, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Julia Gillard in The Australian
My understanding about Mr Abbott is he has been dismissive of the science that human activity causes climate change,she said in Brisbane today. "He has been in favour of a carbon pollution reduction scheme, he has been against a carbon...
- Tavis Smiley in Washington Post
Just because Barack Obama is black, doesn't mean he gets a pass on being held accountable on issues that matter to black people,Smiley says. "I'm not an Obama critic or a McCain critic. The term itself is dismissive and insulting."
- Anthony Kennedy in Washington Post
Parts of the opinion by the Chief Justice imply an all-too-unyielding insistence that race cannot be a factor in instances when, in my view, it may be taken into account,Kennedy wrote. "The plurality opinion is too dismissive of the...