- n a judgment disposing of the matter without a trial
- n official notice that you have been fired from your job
- n permission to go; the sending away of someone
- n the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
- The gift of the dismissal is what it showed about Australia's temper and faith.
- Wroth, the Mayor returned, heard a deputation of citizens demand the dismissal of Gillespie, the support of Emmons' raids.
- While a policy of zero-tolerance regarding profanity was for my dismissal, this had not strictly been the stations practice.
- Ken Kendrick in TSN
I appreciate the commitment and dedication that Josh and AJ demonstrated during their tenures,managing general partner Ken Kendrick said. "Their dismissal is a significant decision, but one that we find necessary in order to achieve a...
- Paul McNulty in Guardian Unlimited
Early this month, she wrote McNulty again, saying that "I respectfully request that you reconsider the rationale of poor performance as the basis for my dismissal. It is in our mutual interest to retract this erroneous explanation."
- Tom Tancredo in Guardian Unlimited
Alberto Gonzales has repeatedly shown that he is unwilling to enforce the law and unable to effectively manage the Department,said Tancredo, a longshot presidential candidate. "While I do not believe the dismissal of these eight political...