discovered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- v get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
- v make a discovery, make a new finding
Roentgen discovered X-rays
- v make a discovery
- v find unexpectedly
- v make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
- v see for the first time; make a discovery
Who discovered the North Pole?
- v identify as in botany or biology, for example
- s discovered or determined by scientific observation
the discovered behavior norms
discovered differences in achievement
- He was unfathomably profound the genius among geniuses who discovered, merely by thinking about it, that the universe was not as it seemed.
- Until she discovered a secret weapon: if she applied a strip of glue to her eyelids, her eyes became wider, rounder, prettier.
- The area is well known for several minor painted caves and is a spelunker's paradise, but something that big would have been discovered long ago.
News & Articles
- Ruins of big Maya city discovered in remote jungle
An entire Maya city full of pyramids and palatial complexes has been discovered in a remote jungle in southeastern Mexico, archaeologists report.Covered in thick vegetation, the ruins were found in Campeche, a province in the western Yucatán peninsula that's littered with Maya complexes and artifacts. The newfound site is dubbed Chactún, and it stretches over roughly 54 acres (22 hectares ...
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- ‘Invasive’ mosquito discovered in Madera
Author(s): Mark Smith A day-biting species of mosquito not native to the state was discovered in Madera earlier this month, and officials urged residents to practice preventative measures as they work to eliminate it. Leonard Irby, district manager for the Madera County Mosquito and Vector Control District, said the yellow fever mosquito (aedes aegypti) is the first non-native species he’s seen ...
June 22, 2013 - Madera Tribune
- Researchers May Have Discovered More Accurate Way To Diagnose HIV
Government researchers may have discovered a more accurate way to diagnose hiv infections.
June 21, 2013 - KREX-TV Grand Junction
- David Silva in AFP
I have enjoyed six years at Valencia, they discovered me as a footballer and they will always be a special club for me,he told the City website. "The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England...
- Barack Obama in Politico
So far, Americans who have filed their taxes have discovered that the average refund is up nearly ten percent this year -to an all-time high of about $3,000,Obama said. "This is due in large part to the Recovery Act."
- David Mamet in TheImproper.com
I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer,he told Daily Variety.