- n a steerable self-propelled aircraft
- s capable of being steered or directed
- Said he: "The dirigible ought to be painted red.
- The "arguments" of dirigible enthusiasts were met by dirigible non-enthusiasts and "steamship men" in this wise: A dirigible must always remain expensive; to make the gas .
- Found: the Lost Dirigible .
News & Articles
- New York City’s Skyscraper War
New York City is witnessing a type of skyscraper war unseen since the days of the dirigibles.
June 7, 2013 - New York Times
- Walter Lord in Boston Globe
Walter Lord wrote a quarter of a century ago that "every one of these fine transatlantic liners has vanished from service. They are gone as completely as the dirigible, and almost as fast. If the river boats quietly faded away like a genteel lady in...