- v command with authority
He directed the children to do their homework
- v intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
criticism directed at her superior
- v guide the actors in (plays and films)
- v be in charge of
- v take somebody somewhere
- v cause to go somewhere
He directed all his energies into his dissertation
- v point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
- v lead, as in the performance of a composition; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- v give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction
I directed them towards the town hall
- v specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- v direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- v put an address on (an envelope)
- v plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
- s (often used in combination) having a specified direction
a positively directed vector
- s manageable by a supervising agent
a directed program of study
- Apocalypse Now, directed by Francis Ford Coppola (1979, 153 min.
- We'll let the political scientists explain that one, and just note that men like Makhmalbaf and Abbas Kiarostami have directed on their own, and encouraged in others, films whose .
- Most Americans are still inner-directed.
News & Articles
- Anna Kendrick in Talks to Be Cinderella in Musical 'Into the Woods'
The Rob Marshall-directed film already includes Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Emily Blunt, Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal.
June 22, 2013 - AceShowbiz
- PHOTO CALL: Matthew Broderick and Todd Haynes Visit Off-Broadway's Far From Heaven
Actor Matthew Broderick and Todd Haynes, who wrote and directed the film on which the musical is based, paid a visit to Off-Broadway's Far From Heaven June 20.
June 22, 2013 - Playbill
- Purchasing Rental Properties inside a Self-Directed Retirement Account, A Joint Webinar Hosted by Henderson ...
This joint webinar hosted by Sean McKay, Senior Vice President of American IRA , and Phil Henderson, President of Henderson Properties will provide attendees with a wealth of information about both the Charlotte real estate market and the added benefits of using a self-directed retirement account to fund those deals. (PRWeb June 21, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases ...
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- Barack Obama in The Guardian
We have directed BP to mobilise additional equipment and technology. In the coming days and weeks, these efforts should capture up to 90% of the oil leaking out of the well,said Obama. "This is until the company finishes drilling a relief...
- Dana Perino in CNN
Based on information that has subsequently come to light, the president has directed the [Justice Department's] pardon attorney not to execute and deliver a grant of clemency to Mr. Toussie,White House Press Secretary Dana Perino said in a...
- Benjamin Netanyahu in Aysor
And I urge other leaders to follow the President's lead and other countries to follow the US lead, to adopt much tougher sanctions against Iran, primarily those directed against its energy sector,he added.