- n a muscle or nerve that dilates or widens a body part
- n a drug that causes dilation
- n a surgical instrument that is used to dilate or distend an opening or an organ
- Next the surgeon tunnels into the exposed muscle with a special steel dilator, twisting and turning until he has formed a canal in the muscle through which he draws the tube of .
News & Articles
- Researchers work to block kidney, lung damage and pain in sickle cell disease
( Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University ) Restoring a balance of the most powerful dilator and the most potent constrictor of blood vessels in the body could help patients with sickle cell disease avoid kidney and lung damage as well as pain, researchers say.
Sept. 23, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Kip Wells in MLB.com
I had been taking that vessel dilator stuff to increase circulation in cold weather,Wells said. "At certain points, like the first game I pitched, it was 40-something degrees out there in St. Louis and I managed to deal with those things,...