dilation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a lengthy discussion (spoken or written) on a particular topic
- n the act of expanding an aperture
the dilation of the pupil of the eye
- To make sure the dilation effect was not due to the small amounts of caffeine found in green tea, the group compared the arterial sizes in the green-tea drinkers with those .
- Vacuum aspiration, as usually done, requires dilation of the cervix under local anesthesia.
- Three times as many women as men suffer from migraine headaches, a painful constriction and dilation of blood vessels in the brain often associated with the menstrual cycle, and .
- Harold Schmidt in EurekAlert (press release)
Free radicals contribute to the formation of arterial blockages. What's more, as the number of free radicals increases, they also interfere with the ability of the cells lining arteries to control the contraction and dilation of the arteries,...
- Tom Daschle in Socialist Worker Online
We ban abortion; they ban a procedure,Daschle said. "They allow all the other abortive procedures available--dilation and evacuation, induction, hysterotomies, hysterectomies--those are still legally available. What we ban are all of those...