- n a state of deterioration due to old age or long use
- n the process of becoming dilapidated
- To say that Courtroom 76 is shabby doesn't begin to convey its dilapidation: the walls are a mess of peeling paint, and a cascade of empty boxes partly blocks the entrance to this .
- While living there, he got a first-hand look at the shocking dilapidation of the country's medical infrastructure.
- Kick the proverbial tires (for in only a few rides, like Coney Island's legendary Cyclone, is apparent dilapidation part of the appeal).
News & Articles
- Soapbox: Bellvue Bean a treasure for community
The Bellvue Bean: a gathering place filled with friendship, caring and community. A beautifully renovated historic property that had seen its share of dilapidation before the Wurtzburgs' transformation occurred.
July 14, 2013 - The Fort Collins Coloradoan
- Ford Madox Brown in guardian.co.uk
I would beg to call your attention to my group of small, exceedingly ragged, dirty children in the foreground of my picture,Brown wrote. "That they are motherless, the baby's black ribbons and their extreme dilapidation indicate, making...