- n autoclave consisting of a vessel in which plant or animal materials are digested
- Household waste is stored in a state-subsidized "digester," a kind of metal stomach that breaks down the matter and releases methane gas which is trapped for reuse.
- The idea is to create a giant bio-digester to make better use of the waste generated by the city's 240,000 pets; Norcal plans to place receptacles in parks in a pilot program .
- A pit next to the box and the most basic bio-digester you've ever seen.
News & Articles
- Turning cow dung into electricity
Dairy farmers have been burned by systems that promise to turn manure into power, but a new generation of digesters could revive this segment of the renewable energy field. Dairy farmer Ron Koetsier's 1,200 cows produce roughly 90 tons of manure daily, and for the last three decades, he has tried unsuccessfully to turn the stinky dung into energy to power his 450-acre farm in Visalia.
June 10, 2013 - The Morning Call
- SoCal Dairy Farmers Look to Turn Waste into Energy
New digesters produced by California company CH4 Power Inc. could help reduce pollution produced by dairy farms in the San Joaquin Valley. [ more › ]
June 10, 2013 - LAist
- Kathleen Falk in Wisconsin Ag Connection
This would be the first food digester in the state of Wisconsin and one of only a handful in the entire country,Falk said. "Food waste recycling is a new green industry that offers tremendous financial and environmental benefits....
- Rosann Wowchuk in Farmscape Online
There will be some flexibility on the side of technology,says Manitoba agriculture minister Rosann Wowchuk. "If an individual is implementing a bio-digester or a separator then that will be considered as environmentally friendly and those...
- Jon Tester in KPAX-TV
Tester says this technology is a huge step in the right direction, "We hear a lot about wind power, it's great, so is the methane digester down south, and this, you put all of these things together and it makes a much more diversified energy...