diary : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a daily written record of (usually personal) experiences and observations
- n a personal journal (as a physical object)
- The government used excerpts from the diary to convict French Agitator Jules Regis Debray for aiding the guerrillas.
- Perhaps no document could have lived up to such advance billing; the Ciano diary did not even come close.
- When the Bolivian army summarily executed Che Guevara last October in a remote mountain town, soldiers found in his possession a diary chronicling the eleven-month guerrilla .
News & Articles
- City Room: Metropolitan Diary: A Wardrobe Malfunction on the Subway
Metropolitan Diary: On the subway, a man struggled to get his shirt buttons and tie to cooperate.
June 21, 2013 - New York Times
- World sports diary June 22 - June 29
June 21 (Reuters) - World sports diary from June 22 - June 29 (all times GMT). SATURDAY, JUNE 22 RUGBY International matches New Zealand v France, New Plymouth (0735) Australia v British and Irish Lions, Brisbane (1000) SOCCER Confederations Cup, Brazil (to 30) Italy v Brazil (1900) Japan v Mexico (1900) TENNIS ATP/WTA: Den Bosch Open, Netherlands (to 23) Eastbourne International, England (to 23 ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- City Room: Metropolitan Diary: Aspiring to Be Like Walt Whitman
Metropolitan Diary: An overheard conversation between a writer and someone with encouraging advice.
June 20, 2013 - New York Times
- Taylor Swift in Washington Post
You guys, this album is my diary and so to all the people who voted for me, this is a thank-you for saying you love my diary because that's the nicest compliment,Swift told the audience.
- Paul Dacre in Times Online
Paul Dacre, his editor at the Daily Mail, said Dempster was "one of the best diary writers Fleet Street has ever known".
- Valentin Lebedev in USA Today
We don't understand what's going on with us,one of the crewmembers, Valentin Lebedev, wrote in the book "Diary of a Cosmonaut." "We silently walk by each other, feeling offended. We have to find some way to make things better."