- n frequent and watery bowel movements; can be a symptom of infection or food poisoning or colitis or a gastrointestinal tumor
- While diarrhea is a major killer in developing countries, in the rich world it is usually no more than an irritant.
- OLEANDER (entire plant): nausea, depression, bloody diarrhea, weakened and irregular pulse and paralysis.
- Zinc tablets help African communities fight diarrhea, a scourge that claims the lives of an astonishing 1.
News & Articles
- Bel Marra Health Reports on New Research Revealing Probiotic Aid in Antibiotic Side Effects
Bel Marra Health, who offers high-quality, specially formulated vitamins and nutritional supplements, reports on a new study revealing probiotics positive impact to help diarrhea caused by antibiotics. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/antibiotic-side-effects/belmarrahealth/prweb10829742.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Pork industry moves fast to help curb spread of virus
DES MOINES — The pork industry is moving quickly to curb the spread of porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV).
June 13, 2013 - Iowa Farmer
- Swine Disease Hits United States
KIMT NEWS 3 — A new swine disease is catching the attention of hog farmers all over the United States. Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea or PED has made its way to the United States.
June 11, 2013 - KIMT Mason City
- Ann M Veneman in AFP
Undernutrition steals a child's strength and makes illnesses that the body might otherwise fight off far more dangerous,said UNICEF Executive Director Ann Veneman. "More than one third of children who die from pneumonia, diarrhea and other...
- Mike McCready in Seattle Times
Imagine the worst diarrhea you've ever had, and then times it by 10, with a knife in it,McCready said after testifying before a legislative committee. "You have maybe a half-a-second to find out where a bathroom is."
- Ferid Murad in Washington Post
While this research looks extremely promising as a preventive or therapeutic intervention in Third World diarrheal disease and traveler's diarrhea, much work remains to be done to move into clinical trials and eventual therapeutic approval,...