detonator : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive
- Five sticks of dynamite without a detonator may not be the work of Islamist radicals but one expert warns not to write the authors off as pranksters.
- From the bombs came tangled wires snaking through the tight rows of children, connected to two spring-loaded detonator pedals held down by the feet of two guerrillas.
- But Fischer was, and he became the detonator of an avalanche of new chess ideas, a revolutionary whose revolution is still in progress.
- Bruce Schneier in Forbes
Honestly, I don't care if someone is carrying a water bottle, wearing a head scarf, or buying a one-way ticket, but if someone has a block of cheese with wires and a detonator - I want the FBI to be called in,said Bruce Schneier, chief...
- Flavio Sosa in Washington Post
Oaxaca was a time bomb waiting to go off,said protest leader Flavio Sosa. "Ruiz was just the detonator."
- Marwan Muasher in Newindpress
She pulled the detonator but it didn't explode. Then her husband pushed her out of the banquet hall,Muasher told a news conference.