- s poor enough to need help from others
- s completely wanting or lacking
young recruits destitute of experience
- Young recruits, destitute of experience, were thrown into the battle.
- In 1999 a Native American writer, born fragile and poor on a destitute Indian reservation, published an essay, "The Blood Runs like a River Through My Dreams," in Esquire.
- In fighting for the dignity of the destitute in a foreign land, she gave the world a moral example that bridged divides of culture, class and religion.
News & Articles
- Elder abuse victims get help
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Debby Weinstein remembers the day Goldie showed up at the YWCAs Sojourners Shelter on Charlestons East End. Goldie, who had been a homemaker and who had managed a farm with her husband in another state, was homeless and destitute, ano...
June 14, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Top Insider Trading Cases
Let’s just go through the hypotheses step by step. Hypothesis A: If I were to tell you that you were going to end up losing everything you had, that you were going to become destitute, that your kids would be paying back your debt for their rest of their lives and the grandkids probably too, that your house would be repossessed that you would be living like a hobo on the streets, would you or ...
June 7, 2013 - Zero Hedge