desolately : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in grief-stricken loneliness; without comforting circumstances or prospects
- South and west of New York City, the Jersey Meadows stretch desolately.
- In a remarkable opening sequence, the film states its entire problem and much of its plot in one awesome metaphor: a young woman in green (Monica Vitti) stands staring desolately .
- That was the last charge, apparently, for he soon desolately wired her to followand now from Ankara comes word that the sensational couple will be married, just as soon as .
News & Articles
- Pet Connection: Help your cat cope while you’re away
When you come home from work, is it to find that your cat has peed on the bed, yowled so desolately all day that the neighbors inquire a little nervously about her well-being, or scratched to ribbons the chair that you just had reupholstered with that expensive fabric? Don’t chalk it up to spite. Your cat may be suffering from a condition that almost no one associates with the feline species ...
Oct. 21, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee