- n the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan)
- v make or work out a plan for; devise
- v plan something for a specific role or purpose or effect
- v create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner
- v make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form
- v create designs
- v conceive or fashion in the mind; invent
- v intend or have as a purpose
- s concealing crafty designs for advancing your own interest
a selfish and designing nation obsessed with the dark schemes of European intrigue"- W.Churchill
- Guillermo del Toro in Washington Post
After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien's Middle Earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures,said del Toro, who directed "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Hellboy."
- Larry Page in MarketWatch
We have gained expertise in designing and building large-scale, energy-intensive facilities by building efficient data centers,said Larry Page, Google co-founder and president of products. "We want to apply the same creativity and...
- Al Gore in Forbes
We've listened to the advice of Bob Geldof and others who have been such great pioneers, and we've taken their advice in designing this event as not the end in itself, but the beginning of a three to five year campaign,says Gore.