described : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give a description of
- v to give an account or representation of in words
Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental
- v make a mark or lines on a surface
- v identify as in botany or biology, for example
- s represented in words especially with sharpness and detail
the vividly described wars
- She described Oprah as exhibiting "fiercely bad manners.
- He described the sufferings of some fellow prisoners: "They hang you upside down, and then someone beats you with a mace on your legs or on your genitals, or they lower you down .
- He described the Irishman as: "A real hero: from rock to the United Nations.
News & Articles
- Police shoot and kill man who was stabbing a woman
Police described the scene as horrific and they had only seconds to react to stop the man.
June 24, 2013 - FOX 4 News Dallas - Fort Worth
- Friends remember pilot and wing walker as great performers
Friends who knew Jane Wicker and pilot Charles Schwenker described both of them as “two incredible people.” Wicker, a wing walker in the Vectren Dayton Air Show, and Schwenker, 64, of Oakton, Va., died Saturday afternoon when Wicker’s Stearman biplane nose-dived to the ground and exploded while the two were finishing up their show routine. Wicker and Schwenker would have wanted the air show to ...
June 24, 2013 - Springfield News-Sun
- Congo defends Chinese mining companies
GOMA, Congo (AP) — Congo's information minister described a recently published Amnesty International report on working conditions in the country's mines as "unfairly targeting" Chinese companies.
June 23, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in Forbes
The way forward I have described tonight makes it possible, for the first time in years, for people who have been on opposite sides of this difficult debate to come together,Bush said.
- Helen Clark in FOXNews
I believe what you saw in the past few months is reflective of a deep and strong relationship. And in that sort of relationship, as President Obama rightly described, there are moments that we speak frankly to each other. And that frankness will... Hamid Karzai http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamid_Karzai&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG024CTxaXf_5mmPsG08kgiqCevsw FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/12/karzai-meets-obama-way-ahead-afghan-war/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEHZjKwc1snUFdOOFMJLMJqhOwa4w May 11, 2010
26798 35565 described Sir Ed described himself as an average New Zealander with modest abilities," Clark said. "In reality, he was a colossus. He was a heroic figure who not only 'knocked off' Everest but lived a life of determination, humility, and generosity."