des : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry
- n synthetic nonsteroid with the properties of estrogen; formerly used to treat menstrual problems but was found to be associated with vaginal cancers in the daughters of women so treated during pregnancy
- n a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
- The genii control La Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits et des Grands Express Europens, which, however, one calls "Wagons-Lits," ("Vagon-Lee"), and everyone knows to be .
- The rowdyism of the Royalists met with hostile comment in the Chambre des Dputs, where within three months another riotous scene occurred (PTI, March 31).
- Tom Tancredo in Forbes
I trust those conversions when they happen on the road to Damascus and not on the road to Des Moines,Tancredo added, contrasting the biblical with the political.