derived : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v reason by deduction; establish by deduction
- v obtain
- v come from
- v develop or evolve from a latent or potential state
- v come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example
- a formed or developed from something else; not original
the belief that classes and organizations are secondary and derived"- John Dewey
- Whole cultural industries derived from his much mythologized virility.
- The seasoning doesn't actually contain pork, the manufacturer insists, though the early stages of production did involve an enzyme derived from pig pancreas.
- I think it derived more from impulses of class than from gender.
News & Articles
- Myriad Genetics Shares Rise on Supreme Court Gene Patent Ruling
WASHINGTON, D.C. (TheStreet) -- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Thursday that human genes are derived from nature and therefore cannot be patented. However, synthetic genetic material was patent eligible because it is not naturally occurring. Shares of Myriad Genetics were up 10 percent to $37.29 on the court ruling mainly because the worst-case scenario -- justices ruling that all genetic material ...
June 13, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Tufts Engineer Qiaobing Xu named 2013 Pew Scholar
( Tufts University ) Xu's research delves into tissue engineering and nanomedicine. His lab has pioneered the use of nature-derived nanostructured tissue--decellularized tendon-- as a source of biomaterials and works to engineer these materials through a combination of tissue sectioning, multilayer stacking and rolling into structures with innovative biomedical functions. He will receive $240 ...
June 13, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- U.S. Energy Initiatives Obtains Patent Assignment Of Green Recycled Derived Biofuel (RDBF)
SANTA CLARITA, CA -- June 11, 2013 : U.S. ENERGY INITIATIVES CORPORATION INC (OTCPink: USEI) is pleased to announce today that USEI has received a patent assignment of a proprietary biofuel patent entitled GREEN RECYCLED DERIVED BIOFUEL (RDBF ) . This patented fuel was designed for automotive, aviation and stationary electrical power applications and this fuel was extensively tested by a ...
June 11, 2013 - The Auto Channel
- Elle Macpherson in ABC Online
Macpherson has told News Limited she had "never knowingly consumed or encouraged the use or consumption of any products which contain material derived from endangered species".
- Craig Venter in msnbc.com
This is the first synthetic cell that's been made,said Venter. "We call it synthetic because the cell is totally derived from a synthetic chromosome, made with four bottles of chemicals on a chemical synthesizer, starting with information...
- Mick Cornett in International Herald Tribune
A lot of our message is derived around that because if you come from the East or West Coast, your first instinct is probably not to move an NBA franchise from a large city to Oklahoma City,Cornett said. "We've been a minor-league city for...