- v take away possessions from someone
- v keep from having, keeping, or obtaining
- v take away
- s marked by deprivation especially of the necessities of life or healthful environmental influences
a childhood that was unhappy and deprived, the family living off charity
boys from a deprived environment, wherein the family life revealed a pattern of neglect, moral degradation, and disregard for law
- In the abstract but exact language of ' China, Hsiao Mieh means "deprived of existence .
- Cut the subsidies and the mandate back too far, and insurance companies deprived of the millions of new paying customers promised under broader proposals could end their .
- Cheap and incredibly deprived with vacuum-operated windshield wipers, no less the Gremlin was also awful to drive, with a heavy six-cylinder motor and choppy, unhappy .
News & Articles
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to pull fighters out of Syria
GAZA (Reuters) - The Palestinian Islamist Hamas movement on Monday urged Lebanese militant group Hezbollah to withdraw its forces from Syria, where they are battling for President Bashar al-Assad, and focus on fighting Israel instead. Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, was once an Assad ally but last year endorsed the revolt against him in a shift that at the time deprived the Syrian leader ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Reflections on My Father: Hard Work and Honesty
As this Father's Day approaches, I've been thinking a lot about my own dad, and how blessed I was to have him in my life. I was born during the Depression; by today's standards, I guess you'd say we grew up in fairly deprived circumstances. I just didn't know it.
June 16, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Manteca, Ripon FFA does well at SJ Fair
Future Farmers and 4-H members from Manteca and Ripon were obviously sleep deprived as they cared for their animals – from sheep to steers, swine and turkeys – at the San Joaquin County Fair Thursday morning.
June 14, 2013 - The Manteca Bulletin
- Nicolas Sarkozy in UPI.com
In our country, we cannot accept that women be prisoners behind a screen, cut off from all social life, deprived of all identity,he said in June 2009, in the first presidential address in 136 years to a joint session of France's two houses of...
- Wayne LaPierre in New York Times
I consider this the opening salvo in a step-by-step process of providing relief for law-abiding Americans everywhere that have been deprived of freedom,Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice president of the NRA, said in a statement.
- Barack Obama in AFP
To rolling laughter from the audience Obama noted how "the helicopter I have now seems perfectly adequate to me. Of course, I've never had a helicopter before. You know? Maybe, maybe I've been deprived and I didn't know it," Obama said.