deportee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is expelled from home or country by authority
- A 17-year-old girl deportee, sent back because she was ill, reported that she had been held with 1,500 other young Hungarians in a Soviet army barracks at Uzhgorod in the Ukraine.
- Lord Falconer of Thoroton in New York Times
The deportee has got rights, but so have the people of this country,Falconer told British Broadcasting Corp. radio. "If they are threatened in terms of national security, that is something that the government has got to protect them...
- David Cunliffe in Religious Intelligence Ltd
On Sept 3, 2007, Immigration Minister David Cunliffe stated "there's been no reported case of a deportee being killed or severely persecuted on return to Iran."
- Eliot Engel in International Herald Tribune
It might be simple to say that if we just solve the deportee problem, everything will be well with security. But we don't believe that,said Engel, the incoming chairman of the House western hemisphere subcommittee.