demonstratively : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a demonstrative manner
he greeted her demonstratively
- Early in the proceedings, about a dozen young people demonstratively left the room shouting "Shame!" and "Enough with slandering Poland!" Gross remained calm and quiet.
- Back then, the sight of the Chancellor's dcolletage raised some eyebrows and triggered a heated debate in the German media over her "demonstratively feminine" physique.
- At the funeral of Rita Guay in Quebec three weeks ago, no one mourned more demonstratively than her husband Albert.
- Angela Merkel in Javno.hr
Merkel, a Lutheran pastor's daughter who grew up in communist East Germany, told a congress of her conservative Christian Democrats that "we must take care that mosque cupolas are not built demonstratively higher than church steeples".
- Shimon Peres in Ynetnews
President Shimon Peres told schoolchildren in the north that "the prime minister will be demonstratively absent from a meeting with one of the most evil and horrible people of modern history, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who lies through his teeth about the...
- Norbert Lammert in Independent Online
A spokesman for the President of the German Parliament Norbert Lammert described the crimes as "a new form of demonstrative violence, that nevertheless must be demonstratively acted against."