- v become (more) democratic; of nations
- v introduce democratic reforms; of nations
- Quit wasting billions of dollars attempting to civilise and democratise people in Iraq and Afghanistan - the majority of whom live mentally in the 7th centruy - and spend the money .
- Barack Obama in Hindustan Times
Now you've got a fledgling democratic government (in Pakistan). We have to support their efforts to democratise,Obama said.
- Meles Zenawi in guardian.co.uk
The threat of western sanctions as a response to the current crisis in Kenya is very, very misguided,Meles said. "If it is presumed that the Kenyans will democratise in order to eat the peanuts of development assistance from the European...
- Raph Koster in BBC News
We are out to democratise virtual worlds and bring them to absolutely anybody,said Mr Koster, founder of Areae, the company behind Metaplace. "You can come to the site, press a button and have a functioning virtual world that supports...