- n a mark against a person for misconduct or failure; usually given in school or armed forces
ten demerits and he loses his privileges
- n the quality of being inadequate or falling short of perfection
they discussed the merits and demerits of her novel
- Its single greatest demerit and this is a big one was that it wasn't particularly watertight.
- While the courtly Virginian didn't react openly to Petraeus' answer, it plainly marked yet another demerit in the book of those lawmakers increasingly careful in weighing their .
- They can do this by walking a mile for each demerit.
News & Articles
- Sounders FC vs. Vancouver, injury report
SOUNDERS FC — OUT: M Osvaldo Alonso (L quad strain), GK Josh Ford (R patella fracture), M Steve Zakuani (athletic pubalgia). QUESTIONABLE: D Ashani Fairclough (L adductor strain). WHITECAPS FC — OUT: D Jay DeMerit (L torn Achilles tendon), D Brad Rusin (L calf strain), M/F Omar Salgado (
June 7, 2013 - Seattle Times