deltoid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large triangular muscle covering the shoulder joint and serving to abduct and flex and extend and rotate the arm
- s triangular or suggesting a capital delta, with a point at the apex
- So Arnold snuck through the left-right paradigm with the dexterity of a well-honed deltoid flex.
- Ladies would prod his dorsal, deltoid and pectoral development with carefully gloved fingers and ask if he were real.
- Like many a conductor before him (Leopold Stokowski, Willem Mengelberg, Richard Strauss), he has a sub-deltoid bursitis or "glass arm," an affliction which orchestra leaders .
News & Articles
- Tim Hudson Out For Four Months With Broken Ankle, Damaged Ligaments
Tim Hudson will be out for four months following surgery to fix a fractured fibula and the deltoid ligament in his right ankle. Given that the season will be over before then, the Braves pitcher won’t play until 2014. Hudson’s broken ankle happened on Wednesday night against the Mets. In the eighth inning, Eric Young... Read more » Tim Hudson Out For Four Months With Broken Ankle, Damaged ...
July 28, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Tim Hudson can resume baseball activities in four months
Braves starter Tim Hudson had surgery last night to fix a fractured fibula and the deltoid ligament in his right ankle, per the Braves official Twitter. Hudson suffered the injuries on Wednesday covering first base on a ground ball hit by Eric Young, Jr. Young awkwardly stepped on Hudson’s foot, causing the injury. The procedure…
July 27, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Terry Francona in MLB.com
There was no structural changes, which is really good news,said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "The final diagnosis is a mild deltoid rotator cuff strain. The best way we can see to attack this is, we'll DL him, take the time down,...
- Colt McCoy in al.com (blog)
I just had a nerve injury in my deltoid,McCoy said. "It's not even actually my shoulder. Weird injury. Hard to explain. Hard to describe. The only thing I can say is there is no pain. There was never pain involved in the whole injury. It...