- n a person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it
- a of or relating to deism
- KGB: Most deist belief systems consider God as eternal and immeasurable by man's limited scope of time.
- At the same time the great deist's daughter Patsy (Gwyneth Paltrow) is flirting with Catholicism, even thinking about taking vows.
- Washington was a Freemason and a deist; no one knew what he truly believed.
News & Articles
- President Jefferson was a Deist
In response to Joel Kersting’s letter of May 1, Craig Cina makes a number of invalid criticisms (June 2). First, Cina is correct that the phrase “all men are created equal, etc. is found in the Declaration of Independence and not the Constitution. But Cina is incorrect when he asserts that Thomas Jefferson, who wrote the Declaration, got that notion from the Bible. Jefferson was a Deist; that is ...
June 19, 2013 - Grand Rapids Herald-Review
- Mitt Romney in CBS News
We have presidents who were Quakers. We have Unitarians - of course a Catholic president. We have a deist in President Jefferson,Romney said.