- n heater that removes ice or frost (as from a windshield or a refrigerator or the wings of an airplane)
- Interestingly, in a car where "carpet" was listed as a standard feature, the Yugo had a rear-window defroster reportedly to keep your hands warm while you pushed it.
- In total Jones was granted more than 60 patents for inventions including a defroster, a two-cycle gas engine, and a thermostat system.
- Chrysler is reducing the electrical demand of the rear defroster, gaining one-tenth of an m.
News & Articles
- Crossing guard accident a reminder to clear frost off windshield
It's important to remember that your defroster may not be enough to keep you from a serious wreck.
Nov. 16, 2013 - WCYB 5 Tri-Cities
- GM recalls 15,000 Malibu sedans for fire threat
is recalling nearly 15,000 Chevrolet Malibu sedans from model year 2013 to check for faulty wiring harnesses that could cause a fire. GM on Friday also said it is recalling 44,406 Malibus from model year 2014 to check an issue that could cause the cars' defrosters to malfunction. On 2013 Malibus equipped with optional power front seats, GM said the wiring harness could wear against the seat ...
Nov. 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- General Motors (GM) Recalls Nearly 60,000 2014 Chevy Malibu Vehicles For Potential Fire Risk
General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM) announced Friday it will recall almost 60,000 Chevy Malibu midsized sedans to fix window defrosters and power-seat wiring that has the potential to catch fire. The recall is unusual because it covers recent rather than past models, including about 44,000 2014 Malibus in North America, most of them in the U.S., for the defroster malfunction and almost 15,000 2013 ...
Nov. 15, 2013 - International Business Times