- n the state of being polluted
- Koranic defilement is a recurring Islamic concern.
- To keep it from defilement.
- Even before it went into effect British Jew Rudolph Selz had been arrested for "racial defilement" of a German woman and non-Jew Edmond Thomas is in jail for consorting with a .
- Paul Carney in Irish Independent
Mr Justice Carney noted this was the first case of "defilement of a girl under 15 years" as enacted in the 2006 legislation to come before the court and that the Oireachtas believed it merited up to life imprisonment.
- Jacques Chirac in International Herald Tribune
This defilement is even more shocking since it affected the tombs of soldiers who gave their lives for France,Chirac said in a statement.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Edmonton Journal
During New Year's Eve vespers at St Peter's Basilica, traditionally addressed to Romans, the Pope said: "Not a few, especially young people, are attracted by a false glorification or even defilement of the body and the banalization of sexuality."