- n treatment by stopping fibrillation of heart muscles (usually by electric shock delivered by a defibrillator)
- When kids are involved, all sorts of medical procedures, from defibrillation shocks to drugs, have to be scaled down to take into account a child's smaller body weight.
- If the medics are delayed, 90 seconds of CPR administered prior to defibrillation seems to increase chances of survival 25%.
- The instructor tells us that for every minute a victim of cardiac arrest awaits defibrillation, his chances of survival decrease 10%.
News & Articles
- Automated defibrillators donated to Esparto schools
One person every two minutes will die in America from sudden cardiac arrest.But if defibrillation is performed within the first three minutes, the chance of survival climbs to about 80 percent, and those odds just got even better for students and staff at Esparto schools after the Shauna Stuewe
Aug. 23, 2013 - The Daily Democrat
- Jessamine earns HeartSafe Community designation
Jessamine County Director of Emergency Services Jerry Domidion announced that Jessamine County is officially a “HeartSafe Community.” “We have fulfilled — and exceeded — the requirements to become a HeartSafe Community — a community that promotes the use of CPR and public access to AED (automatic external defibrillation) devices,” Domidion said.
Aug. 21, 2013 - The Jessamine Journal