- n a person or institution against whom an action is brought in a court of law; the person being sued or accused
- The defendant might also hope that his antics provoke an error by the court or tribunal that ultimately requires a reversal as has occurred in the Seselj trial thus further .
- Jurors might themselves be able to conjure the image of the defendant's innocence, but most need help from his lawyers.
- When Roy Cohn took the witness stand, Committee Counsel Ray Jenkins asked: "You are not a defendant lawyer, I take it.
News & Articles
- Co-defendant testifies in Guernsey Co. double-murder trial
A co-defendant testified Wednesday in day three of the jury trial for a man charged with killing two people in Guernsey County. James Whatley Jr., 31, is charged with two counts of aggravated murder, aggravated robbery and burglary, The charges stem from the June 2012 shooting deaths of 31-year-old Christopher Morrison and 25-year-old Justain Nelson in Cambridge. Both victims died from multiple ...
June 12, 2013 - WTOV 9 Steubenville
- Defendant in Santa Maria Murder Trial Seriously Injured After Assault in Jail
The Sheriff's Department says a defendant in the Anthony Ibarra murder trial was badly injured following an assault at the Santa Barbara County Jail.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 11 Santa Maria
- Defendant misses jury trial date in horse abuse case
LIHU‘E — The defendant in a re-indicted 2010 case involving 16 animal cruelty charges missed a jury trial hearing Monday in 5th Circuit Court.
June 11, 2013 - The Garden Island
- Reggie B Walton in Forbes
The law, Walton said in court documents, "does not appear to contemplate a situation in which a defendant may be placed under supervised release without first completing a term of incarceration."
- LaMar Baker in The Associated Press
We're here because a jury found that the defendant deliberately tried to kill other human beings,said Assistant US Attorney Lamar Baker.
- Henry Hudson in 940 News
You were as much an abuser of animals as any other defendant in this case,Hudson said.