- n an imperfection in a bodily system
this device permits detection of defects in the lungs
- n a failing or deficiency
that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information
- n an imperfection in an object or machine
if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer
- n a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body)
- v desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army
- Research points to learning-related genes as a contributor to autism and suggests that early intervention in children can help fix genetic defects.
- A new study suggests that obesity during pregnancy is a powerful and far-reaching risk factor for birth defects.
- Because the defect has been studied on a molecular level, it provides a unique window into understanding autism and treating it.
News & Articles
- Carolina Panthers' TE Greg Olsen, wife act to aid families of pediatric heart patients
After his newborn son spent his first month in pediatric intensive care with a congenital heart defect, Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said taking him home was a little nerve-wracking.
June 22, 2013 - The Charlotte Observer
- Tesla recalls some Model S over mounting bracket defect
Tesla announced in a blog post that it is recalling some Model S vehicles manufactured between May 10, 2013 and June 8, 2013 due to a possible defect that reduces the company's confidence that the left ...
June 19, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Tesla recalls some Model S cars due to seat-mount defect
By Bernie Woodall (Reuters) - Electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc will recall 1,228 of its 2013 Model S cars manufactured between May 10 and June 8 due to a defect in the mounting bracket of the rear seat. The fix will cost Tesla about $150,000 during the second quarter, company spokeswoman Shanna Hendriks said. Tesla will inspect and reinforce the bracket in all the cars built during this time ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
As a father of a number of young children, including an adopted daughter who was born with a birth defect, I am deeply, deeply troubled by these views,McCain said in a 1993 speech opposing Elders' confirmation.
- Condoleezza Rice in Chicago Tribune
I think all Americans were quite taken with the fact that we were able, after the long history we've been through, that initial birth defect of slavery, that we've elected an African-American,Rice said in an interview taped recently on CBS'...
- Dustin Penner in USA Today
There's always a couple of guys each year that defect from a Stanley Cup team and go to another one, and not too many have done it that way,Penner said. "If I was them, I'd be booing, too. But being in my position, I know better. It...