- n someone who is resigned to defeat without offering positive suggestions
- Though his original essay was melancholy and defeatist ("It's over, baby.
- To them, the low-slung black wall would send the same old defeatist, elitist messages that had lost the war in the '60s and then stigmatized the veterans in the '70s.
- And, you know, he was never defeatist.
News & Articles
- America Becomes a Defeatist Nation
People in Spain, Greece, Russia and China are down on America. That’s not surprising. But Americans are down on America too, and the trend, paradoxically, seems to be getting stronger as working and economic conditions improve. The United States, it seems, is becoming a defeatist nation. A recent poll by the Pew Research Center found, [...]
July 24, 2013 - Yahoo! Finance: The Daily Ticker
- Joe Biden in Irish Times
He was never defeatist. He never was petty. He was never small,Mr Biden said. "In the process of his doing, he made everybody he worked with bigger - both his adversaries and his allies."
- Eddie Sutton in International Herald Tribune
This is my 37th year in Division I and this is the least amount of talent I've ever had to work with. I've really had to program myself to be patient,Sutton said. "Some of these guys have almost developed a defeatist attitude. ...... I'm...
- Robert Gates in Reuters
While we face significant challenges in Afghanistan, there certainly is no reason to be defeatist or to underestimate the opportunities to be successful in the long run,Gates said on Monday on his way to Europe to meet defense ministers.