- n distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers
- Two men come back from a deer hunting trip in Shaftsbury, Vermont.
- The deer botfly (Cephenomyia pratti Hunter) is a small, blunt-headed insect which sprays its eggs into the nostrils and throats of deer, scattering them like tiny bombs while on .
- In Deer Hunter II, for instance, you can start the hunt with a deer in view rather than work for 15 minutes or so to attract one by scattering scent lures or rattling antlers.
News & Articles
- Deer disturbs Lafayette food festival
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — A dazzled deer left a trail of damage behind as it invaded a food festival in Lafayette. The Journal & Courier reports ( http://on.jconline.com/ZVDlG4 ) the panicked deer leaped into the old train depot where the Taste of Tippecanoe was being held Saturday, then jumped back out, breaking two windows.
June 17, 2013 - 22 WSBT South Bend
- Deer in peril until rescue from canal east of the Arthur R. Marshal wildlife preserve
The deer was tired. It had been swimming, kicking, struggling to try to get itself out of a canal east of the Arthur R.
June 16, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- Deer goes Krogering in Newport, Ky.
A deer went Krogering on Saturday evening in Newport, Kentucky. The horned buck walked right into the store with the aid of the automatic door.
June 16, 2013 - FOX 19 Cincinnati
- Charlton Heston in Hindu
Heston told her his family grew up poor in the country and "had to go out and kill a deer if we wanted meat," Jones said.
- Stephon Marbury in SI.com
I think it's tough,Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just...
- Brent Sutter in MiamiHerald.com
It has to do with a lot of things back here in Red Deer,Sutter said.