- n a process of becoming deeper and more profound
- v make more intense, stronger, or more marked
- v become more intense
- v make deeper
- v become deeper in tone
- s accumulating and becoming more intense
the deepening gloom
felt a deepening love
- At a time of plunging stock markets, bank bailouts and deepening recession, the economic data released by the Chinese government on Thursday might be enough to make many drool.
- Israelis too need to see that there is an alternative to the deepening dread of hate-filled Islamic extremists on their borders who are backed by an Iran intent on acquiring .
- Street protests have toppled four presidents in two weeks, but Argentina's 21st-century Great Depression is deepening.
- President Bush in Washington Post
Your words have been very strong about Pakistan's sovereign right and sovereign duty to protect your country, and the United States wants to help,Bush said before the meeting. "Pakistan is an ally, and I look forward to deepening our...
- Prince William in Cocorioko
Poverty, mental illness, drug and alcohol dependency and family breakdown cause people to become and then stay homeless. I hope that by deepening my understanding of the issue, I can help do my bit to help the most vulnerable on our streets,...