- v give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause
- v open to public use, as of a highway, park, or building
- v inscribe or address by way of compliment
She dedicated her book to her parents
- v set apart to sacred uses with solemn rites, of a church
- En route to help dedicate a screwworm eradication plant in Mexico, Earl Butz took a plane to California just after the Republican National Convention in Kansas City.
- Fans got a reminder of just how seriously the Barcelona soccer team takes its slogan this week, when club president Joan Laporta agreed to dedicate part of ticket sales from its .
- You message me and comment about me and write on my walls and dedicate songs to me and invite me to join groups.
News & Articles
- Manufacturer Keihin to dedicate new digs
Vehicle parts manufacturer Keihin North America will dedicate its Anderson facilities at the Flagship Enterprise Center Friday afternoon.
June 14, 2013 - The Herald Bulletin
- Artist helps dedicate artwork at Corpus Christi police station
Artist Jack Gron helped unveil and dedicate his latest work Wednesday at the Corpus Christi police station. The piece was commissioned by the Arts and Cultural Commission through the Percent for Art program.
June 13, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Lawmakers dedicate transportation fund
Buried amid a far-ranging list of rededicated highways, proposed initiatives to improve the New Haven Line, and other loose ends packed in the transportation bill unanimously passed last week was a single sentence to dedicate fuel taxes and other revenue solely for transportation projects.
June 12, 2013 - Darien News-Review
- Xavi Hernandez in The Guardian
We dedicate this victory to Spain. If we play on Sunday like we did today, we will have a great chance,he said, failing to elaborate on whether he meant they'd have a great chance of winning the World Cup, or causing all-out war on the...
- Eliot Spitzer in Washington Post
I am disappointed that I failed to live up to the standard I set for myself,Spitzer said. "I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family."
- Kathryn Bigelow in ABC Online
This really is, there's no other way to describe it...... it's the moment of a lifetime,Bigelow said. "I'd like to dedicate this to the women and men in the military who risk their lives on a daily basis in Iraq and Afghanistan and around...