- n a person who specializes in designing architectural interiors and their furnishings
- n someone who decorates
- Interior decorators, both amateur and pro, have generally had to take what they could get from the designers of chairs, wallpaper and fabricsand what they got was often .
- Ciccone, an artist and interior decorator, served stints as Madonna's backup dancer, her "dresser" (a role in which his tasks included wiping sweat from her sometimes-naked body .
- Drive-up decorators streamline an old obstacle course .
News & Articles
- Designers transform San Francisco courtyard into oasis
A few weeks ago, I ventured down to the 2013 San Francisco Decorator Showcase. This year’s featured house was an 8,000 square-foot Georgian mansion known as Herbst Manor. Built in 1899 atop a hill in Pacific Heights, this majestic lady challenged West Coast designers to transform its 24 rooms and three exterior areas.
June 15, 2013 - Napa Valley Register
- BUSINESS SCENE: Making a house marketable
Patti Stern, an interior decorator who does home staging for Cheshire-based PJ & Co., says some home sellers still believe what she does is a waste of money. (Home staging is the art of making a house marketable through de-cluttering, repairs, painting and other changes.) To them, any problem with their home is one less thing they’ll have to deal with once the house is sold.
June 11, 2013 - The Bristol Press
- Andy Borowitz in New York Times
That whole team-of-rivals approach,Mr. Borowitz said, "so instead of one decorator there will be eight: four Republicans and four Democrats, none of whom can stand each other, and he'll make them each do a room."
- Michael Patrick King in Sydney Morning Herald
My thought ...... was that Carrie decorated this with a decorator, who had a very keen eye as to what would make Big comfortable,explains King. "The fun for me and the design team was to figure out how Carrie would interpret her and Big as...
- Paris Hilton in LongIslandPress.com
It's a miniature version of my house,says Hilton. "I designed it with the help of my interior decorator, Faye Resnick. I wanted it to be fun, cute, comfortable and beautiful. My friends just love it and think it's so adorable and cool."