- v reach, make, or come to a decision about something
We finally decided after lengthy deliberations
- v bring to an end; settle conclusively
The case was decided
The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff
- v cause to decide
This new development finally decided me!
- v influence or determine
- s recognizable; marked
at a distinct (or decided) disadvantage
- Borrowing an idea from a science fiction story about predicting the weather, Emeagwali decided that rather than using 8 expensive supercomputers he would employ thousands of .
- They immediately concluded that the plan on which they had decided would no longer be feasible.
- Rather than waste ink telling you about the sites you're already familiar with, we decided to ferret out the terrific websites that aren't yet .
News & Articles
- Lauderdale Lakes repeals rental inspection program
Commissioners have decided they don't want to make a federal case out of the city's new Rental Housing Inspection Program, so they repealed it on Wednesday.
June 22, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Custody Decided After NFL Player Jovan Belcher’s Murder-Suicide
*After Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then shot himself 7 months ago, the custody of his daughter was still in question. But now a judge has finally decided who will get custody of the NFL player’s 9-month-old daughter. The judge has appointed Sophie D. Perkins as the legal guardian of [...]
June 21, 2013 - EURweb
- Stocks recover on Wall Street after a 2-day plunge
Traders decided that the stock market has suffered enough, at least for now. After a two-day plunge, stocks ended the week with an advance on Friday, suggesting that Wall Street may be successfully weaned ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News