- v reach, make, or come to a decision about something
We finally decided after lengthy deliberations
- v bring to an end; settle conclusively
The case was decided
The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff
- v cause to decide
This new development finally decided me!
- v influence or determine
The vote in New Hampshire often decides the outcome of the Presidential election
- Because customers decide on their portion sizes and the fact that most of the food is fresh (as opposed to stocked), very little food is wasted.
- Donna Brazile Said That If Superdelegates Decide The Nomination She Will Quit The Party.
- If potential parents decide against having more children, scientists working with stem cells might ask them to consider donating the unneeded embryos to research.
News & Articles
- Voters will decide on gross receipts tax increase
SILVER CITY — Voters will decide if they want to approve a quarter of a percent increase in gross receipts tax, which would be used to fund a variety of community projects, after the Grant County Commission approved a resolution at its Thursday meeting calling for a special mail-in election on the measure.
June 14, 2013 - Silver City Sun-News
- Town Meeting to decide budget, police cruiser purchase
Town Meeting will resume on June 18 so voters can decide on all budget-related articles that were put on hold until the Board of Selectmen and School Committee could decide how to solve a $1.2 million deficit.
June 14, 2013 - Wareham Courier
- Utah to decide whether to go greener in energy production
Utah to decide whether to go greener in energy production by Taylor W. Anderson The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 12, 2013 05:04PM MDT Renewable energy developers representing more than $620 million in proposed wind and solar projects are awaiting a ruling by the state’s top utility regulators to decide whether they can move forward or must abandon Utah for greener states. The Utah Public ...
June 12, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Fabio Capello in The Canadian Press
He told me that he needs two weeks time to decide,Capello said. "I said I can be for the next season the manager of England. I like this job. I like to be England manager."
- Barack Obama in Times Online
Mr Obama said: "Should North Korea decide to take this action, we will work with all interested partners in the international community to take appropriate steps to let North Korea know that they cannot threaten the safety and stability of other...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York Times
We, like the rest of the world, are waiting and watching to see what the Iranian people decide,Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said during a visit to Niagara Falls, Ontario, on Saturday. "We obviously hope the outcome reflects...