debt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of owing something (especially money)
he is badly in debt
- n money or goods or services owed by one person to another
- n an obligation to pay or do something
- Andrew Sullivan is right on target about why the budget deficits--and national debt--are so high: it's the Republicans, obviously.
- The Increasingly Long Arm of Debt Collectors .
- Harvard Debt Doctor's Controversial Cure .
News & Articles
- Debt Financing For Your Startup Company
When your business is a corporation and takes out a loan, it is incurring debt. Loans are a well-known and well-used method of raising capital. The biggest drawback to taking out a loan for your corporation is that a loan must be repaid, both principal and interest, if any. Further, if you personally guarantee the loan, the lender will expect you to repay the loan if the corporation is unable to ...
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Arizona Debt Consolidation Quote Celebrates the Decrease in Arizona Debt, Vows to Continue Promoting Debt Education
Arizona Debt Consolidation Quote is more encouraged to provide online debt education amidst the Moody’s report that Arizona is among the states with the most decrease in debt amount. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/debt_decrease_by_state/prweb10788221.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- National Debt Relief Promotes Budgeting Amidst Reports That U.S. Household Debt Continues to Go Down
National Debt Relief is pleased with the news from MarketWatch.com regarding the decreasing household debt and encourages consumers to use budgeting as a tool to help in debt relief. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/budgeting/prweb10778756.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Bobby Jindal in CNN
Democratic leaders say their legislation will grow the economy,Jindal said. "What it will do is grow the government, increase our taxes down the line, and saddle future generations with debt. Who among us would ask our children for a loan,...
- Parker Griffith in CBS News (blog)
If the public-option plan is in there, as a matter of conscience I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote, because I believe the debt [incurred by the bill] can break America and send us into a recession that is worse than the one we are... Joe Lieberman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lieberman&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGOIPwMWmBmG_bXFxt6Y1inBkJAzQ Voice of America http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-11-08-voa21.cfm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEkKYe2D26xGn5N8E-nhWF3qLQecA Nov 8, 2009
25300 34165 debt I believe our nation is at a crossroads and I can no longer align myself with a party that continues to pursue legislation that is bad for our country, hurts our economy, and drives us further and further into debt," Griffith, 67, said at a...