- n surgical removal of foreign material and dead tissue from a wound in order to prevent infection and promote healing
- Doctors credit this record to debridement (cutting out of dead tissues) and sulfanilamide.
- It was a long and tedious case with lots of debridement, our word for cleaning.
News & Articles
- Jeff Karstens Undergoes Shoulder Surgery
Pirates righty Jeff Karstens had shoulder surgery on Friday, which involved debridement of his rotator cuff and labrum, tweets Tom Singer of MLB.com. The recovery period is 10-12 weeks, at which point Karstens could begin a throwing program. The Pirates had transferred Karstens to the 60-day DL on May 27th. Karstens, 30, will be eligible for free agency after the season. Last year for the Bucs ...
June 8, 2013 - MLB Trade Rumors
- Kevin Pritchard in Philadelphia Inquirer
Oden "knew there was a possibility of microfracture," Pritchard said. "He knew there was a possibility of just debridement [a smaller arthroscopic procedure]. Once we got in there, microfracture was the only option."