- n partial or complete loss of hearing
- A new study from researchers at Beth Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School suggests that tone-deafness may be the result of a missing neural connection.
- Recent assertions that deafness may be cured by the use of the radio telephone are at best dubious.
- Because of this public deafness, contemporary composers have been in danger of turning into mutes.
News & Articles
- Author to discuss discovering deafness at midlife at Marblehead library
On Wednesday, June 26, at 7 p.m. at the Abbot Public Library, author Gerald Shea will talk about his book, "Song without Words: Discovering My Deafness Halfway Through Life." Copies of the book for purchase and signing will be provided at the event by the Spirit of '76 Bookstore.
June 15, 2013 - Marblehead Reporter
- Paul Watson in The Australian
They are pointing this low, long-range acoustic weapon at us, which can cause deafness, permanent or temporary, vomiting, nausea and disorientation,Mr Watson said. "They even aimed it up at the helicopter. It could have caused the...
- Farah Khan in pharmabiz.com
Farah Khan, film director and brand ambassador, said, "I am happy to learn that the new vaccine will provide increased protection from diseases that cause disabilities such as deafness, brain damage, seizures and death."