- n a game in which small pointed missiles are thrown at a dartboard
- n a small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot
- n a tapered tuck made in dressmaking
- n a sudden quick movement
- v move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart
- v run or move very quickly or hastily
- v move with sudden speed
- I love it when he takes the ball and darts downfield for 30 yards, making one, two, three defenders fall as they chase him.
- Boxer Ricky Hatton loves to eat, drink beer and throw darts.
- Hooked up to a harness, he darts back and forth across the roped-off minefield then, suddenly, he freezes in his tracks, sniffing the air.
News & Articles
- Chrysler recalls 15,000 Darts; engines can stall
Chrysler recalls 15,000 Darts; engines can stall Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:40 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 The recall affects 2013 model year cars with 1.4-liter four-cylinder engines and dual-clutch automatic transmissions. The Dart, the first car totally made with ...
June 12, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Chrysler recalls 15,000 Dodge Darts
It appears some Dodge Darts aren't fond of cold weather, and it's leading to a recall.
June 11, 2013 - WREX-TV Rockford
- Nikkei Darts Higher; Apple Conference Kicks Off; Google Bests Facebook
Nikkei Darts Higher; Apple Conference Kicks Off; Google Bests Facebook
June 10, 2013 - Hot Stock Minute via Yahoo! Finance
- Stephen Colbert in USA Today
So tell me about my spider,Colbert said. "Does it shoot poison darts? Does it lay eggs in your ears?"
- Jeff Zucker in Washington Post
When you don't have a product, it's easy to throw darts,Zucker told The Associated Press. "We're not concerned at all."
- Phil Taylor in BBC Sport
I thought there was a lot of pressure on Adrian to be fair,said Taylor. "It's OK getting past the first and second round but then you've got to perform. But you can start to play your proper darts now and that's what I did. He was...