darkling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s uncannily or threateningly dark or obscure
a darkling glance
secret operatives and darkling conspiracies"-Archibald MacLeish
- s (poetic) occurring in the dark or night
a darkling journey
- Set in a darkling alternate-universe version of England, and told with dry-eyed, white-knuckled restraint, Never Let Me Go is an improbable masterpiece, a science fiction horror .
- Visually, the Burton Faustus is a darkling carnival of skeletons, candles, caves and necromancy, tricked out with such cinematic hocus-pocus as action shots montaged into a skull's .
- Last week fog settled down a little closer around the darkling Axis.
News & Articles
- Montrose Regional Library Staff Picks
Chris Wooding’s first graphic novel is a page-turner! Siefer is an ordinary Darkling; he plays Scullball and dreams of escaping his tiny village in the mountains. One day, his dream becomes a little too real.
Aug. 15, 2013 - Montrose Daily Press